Thursday, April 29, 2010

The waiting game

The game authors play more than any other. It starts with beta readers then agents then editors then publishers, etc. The best way to play the game? Keep yourself occupied.

I've been waiting to see if the agent with the query critique blog will select mine or not. I'm hoping she does, of course, but I'll be forced to move on if she doesn't. In the meantime, I went ahead and edited my book again. It's amazing how much I've learned since the last time I edited. Now that I'm happy with it, I have *pause for dramatic affect* started writing the next installment in the series. Yesterday, I started out strong writing 11 pages in 3 hours. I'm already developing my own voice in my writing and it's exciting to see how far I've come since I started my first book.

So, I'm keeping this blog short so I can get back to the writing. If you have any questions, comments or suggests for blogs, please leave a comment below, on my facebook fan page or facebook group page.

No comments:

Post a Comment